Monday, December 19, 2016

last minute Homemade Christmas ornaments

On Saturday (which was my bday) all I wanted to do during the day was make ornaments and cookies with the kids. I guess when you get older your choices change on how to celebrate lol. Anyway, I found these pretty handmade beaded ornaments here. To make things less stressful this Christmas season I even ordered the supplies from amazon! No having to fight the traffic and crowds at Michaels or Hobby Lobby!! It was super easy to do and the kids had fun.






Supplies:


  • 4 mm x 7mm small pony beads  OR a bucket of these perler beads 
  • 6mm x 9mm large pony beads  OR a bucket of these perler beads 
  • metal Christmas themed cookie cutters 
  • hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
  • bakers twine 
  • cookie sheet
  • parchment paper 


  • All we had to do was lay the beads inside the cookie cutters and bake for 15 minutes in the oven. Easy peasy!










    After making the ornaments we baked our Christmas cookies. If you remember from this post I bought pre cut Christmas cookies from GFS! Holy crap was I super impressed and so glad we went this route. To bake you simply took the cookies from freezer to cookie sheet. Only had to bake for 10 minutes and once cool we decorated. These cookies are so yummy!! I will probably do this every Christmas.







    I love doing things like making cookies and ornaments with the kids each year. I hope this is what they remember as they get older. Hope everyone has a merry and bright week leading up to Christmas!! It's a busy one 'round here. Mere has her Christmas program this week and lots of little things to do to get ready for the big day. We are celebrating Christmas Eve on Thursday and Christmas Day on Christmas Eve. The joys of being a fire family. Nick has to work Christmas day. I can't wait until Friday. We are going to surprise the kids with Polar Express tickets!! Nick and I are super excited for this too!!

    xoxo,
    Tracey

    2 comments: