Monday, December 12, 2016

Breakfast with Santa + White Christmas Parade

The kids and I had a busy Saturday, but a fun Saturday. We started off with Breakfast with Santa at the firehouse. This is a yearly tradition that is organized by the Covington Fire Ladies Auxiliary. They do such a great job. Our kids have so much fun from getting to sit in the fire trucks, do crafts, and of course seeing santa! We may or may not have had to bribe Meredith do get a picture with him. I guess at 8 yrs old she already thinks she is too big. But Max wouldn't do it without her. Oh and we thought we were done Christmas shopping but they told santa one thing that they wanted him to bring.... skate boards! Thank God it wasn't a hatchimal. Skate boards were not on their original list. I have a feeling the big guy will come through though and the kiddos will have skate boards under the tree. Nick was working but was able to be there.














After Breakfast with Santa we drove to Augusta for the White Christmas Parade. We got there a couple hours early so I made vegetable soup for all of us. It hit the spot since it was freezing outside. The kids and I just hung out at my momma's until it was time to walk down for the parade. This is one of the things that Augusta puts on yearly that is a can't miss. Gets you in the Christmas spirit!! There was some awesome floats , some wonderful singing of classic Christmas carols, and 2 Santas!! The parade started at 5:30 so the kids and I walked from my moms to Main Street to find the perfect spot to stand around 5. Augusta really is one of those neat small towns. How I didn't appreciate it growing up. But now I so do.













It's Santa!


Oh did I mention there were fireworks after the parade??





What's everyone else been doing to get in the Christmas spirit? We have a busy week ahead but IT IS MY BIRTHDAY WEEK!!! Can you believe ONLY 13 more days til Christmas?! yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment