Friday, December 9, 2016

5 on Friday

Yay for Friday!! I am ready for the weekend. But yikes it's almost Christmas. Luckily I have only to buy for my momma and then I am finished. My goal every year is to be done by the beginning of my birthday week which is next week!! It's time for ME by then haha. Thought I would share 5 things on Friday with ya'll.

ONE

Nick started RCIA classes to become part of the Catholic faith back in September. This past Sunday, he along with the others in the class, had to attend church for the Rite of Acceptance. This was the first stop on the road to joining our faith. I am so excited for Nick and our little family. It means a great deal to us that he will become Catholic for us as well as for himself. I know how proud my dad and grandmothers would be as well. I was a little teary eyed Sunday.



TWO

We got our pictures back from my friend Denise this week. Let me just say she didn't have much to work with that day. It was freezing and windy. We did them at the fire house. Nick is as bad as the kids when it comes to getting our pictures done. I lose my head several times just in us all getting ready. But man oh man. I LOVE them. My heart might have stopped on a few of them. If any one is need of a wonderful photographer you should check out Denise and her photography partner's website here.










THREE

Nick had the opportunity to purchase UK basketball tickets from one of the other fireman's who has season tickets. He asked me if I wanted to go but would have to be part of my bday present. They are lower arena tickets and the best seats. I told him this was the one and only time that it could be for my bday/Christmas gift. But only for UK tickets!! There can be no other reason to combine the two occasions lol. Having a birthday exactly one week before Christmas is tough. I am obsessed with KY basketball. We had a great time. I even made a new friend. The seats beside us were also season ticket holders who just happened to probably be in their 70's or 80's . When you think of Southern class it defined this lady to a T. But with all the class that she oozed, it didn't stop her for screaming for her Cats. She even high fived me on one of the dunks. Let's just say I have a new idol!! Oh and of course my boys in blue won!








FOUR

St. Nick arrived at our house this week. He brings the kids new Christmas pj's and an ornament....every single year! They also got a few small items. Growing up my sister, brother and I left our socks for St. Nick. They were always filled to the brim with little goodies.







FIVE

TGIF. This has felt like the longest week ever for some reason. We have breakfast with Santa tomorrow and then headed to Augusta for the White Christmas Parade and ending with fireworks. The kids and I are excited. I picked up Sunday to work. It starts my birthday week. That's right folks. When you have a December birthday and one the week before Christmas you get a week to celebrate!!




No comments:

Post a Comment